Ready to Run Iowa is a non-partisan campaign training program designed to encourage and train women to run for elective office, to position themselves for appointive office or to become involved in public life as leaders in their respective communities.
Since 2007, the Catt Center has offered the Ready to Run Iowa program every other year as part of a national network founded by the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University.
Grounded in the latest research and scholarship on women’s political participation, program sessions are presented by local, state and national political leaders and campaign strategists.
Participants will learn how to:
- Organize a candidate or advocacy campaign
- Develop a message and interact with voters and the media
- Run for office or get appointed to boards and commissions
- Use social and interactive media
- Raise money for candidate and issue campaigns
- Make a difference
Note that each of the Ready to Run sessions is a stand-alone session, it is not necessary to attend all of them. For more information, please visit https://cattcenter.las.iastate.edu/events/ready-to-run-iowa/.